This week’s video from Don Wiley (aka Gold Wingnut) has a little something for everyone.
He’s got views of all three town square Christmas trees, a look at the renovations at Sweetgum Executive golf course, a look at the work going on at the new First Responder’s Recreation Center, and much much more. Check it out:
Here’s what else I’m reading and watching this week:
A couple stories this week about people apparently landing on Santa’s naughty list.
First off, there’s no escaping the story about three residents who were arrested for casting multiple ballots in the 2020 election. This story was covered by FOX News, The New York Times, Rolling Stone, and more:
- Florida The Villages residents accused of voter fraud in 2020 election after DeSantis pledges crackdown (FOX News)
- 3 Residents of The Villages in Florida Are Accused of Voting Fraud (The New York Times)
Then there’s this:
- 2 local county commissioners accused of lying under oath (WFTV Channel 9)
Changing gears, if God forbid a resident needs to get to Shands in Gainesville in a hurry for emergency medical care, they can now, as Arnold Schwarzenegger’s character in the 1987 film Predator said, “Get to the choppa”:
- A New World of Care: UF Health Brings Air Transport Capabilities to The Villages Hospital (The Villages Daily Sun)
Also on the healthcare front this week:
- UnitedHealthcare pays providers in The Villages, Leesburg $4.7M after denying to reimburse them for treatment (Orlando Sentinel)
Model trains are always a hit this time of year. Pryde of The Villages hit the recent Model Railroad Club show at Colony Cottage:
- Trains A-Coming (YouTube)
Ever wonder how a home gets built start to finish in The Villages? The Villages Newcomers show this week has you covered:
- Amazing Home Build… Step By Step (YouTube)
Dave and Brenda from the Exploring The Villages YouTube channel did some neat aerial sleuthing:
That’s all for this week. I’m not sure if there will be a Christmas Day issue or not next Saturday. We’ll see how the week goes. But if I don’t see you have a Merry Christmas!